AWCP November Bazaar

I'm learning that bazaars are a big thing around here. There is a different bazaar I could go to every day of this week, held by various organizations and with various themes. One monthly bazaar that is very popular with the expats in Manila is put on by the American Women's Club of the Philippines (AWCP). A friend took me to that bazaar today, and I can see why it's so popular! It is held in a huge convention center, and there was so much there!

It looked very much like a Peddler's Mall, with booths set up by various vendors, but it was all new stuff. Mostly clothing and accessories, crafts, and home goods. Being November, and since Christmas starts EARLY here, there were also a lot of Christmas booths as well.

There was also a whole food section serving both hot meals and take-home foods. I got several different dishes to take home and try... Didn't even have to cook dinner! Score!

Some of my favorite purchases from today: mother of pearl coasters, Christmas tree ornaments made from capiz (a local mollusk shell), and a handbag made with a popular local crafting technique, which is recycled labels and wrappers!
Also, the friend I went with bought me these cute tassel decorations - mother of pearl ornaments and tassels... I chose UK blue for our front door! Thanks, Eugenia!
I thoroughly enjoyed my first bazaar... I'll definitely go back to this one again next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donsol, Part 1: The Resort

Traveling Across the World, Part 2

We're Going to Manila!